Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 35 mi + 1 hour marinating
Infused with the flavors of Arabian street food.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (8 oz. each)
1 bottle PRIVATE SELECTION Shawarma Marinade, divided
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. finely chopped, fresh dill
3 pita rounds, halved
1 jar PRIVATE SELECTION Garden Zesty Garlic Chip Pickles, roughly chopped, for serving
1. In a plastic storage bag, combined chicken with half of the shawarma marinade. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, salt and dill. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Transfer chicken to a baking dish, discarding used marinade. Roast chicken for 25-30 minutes, until it reaches a safe internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
4. Roughly chop the chicken and transfer to a large bowl. Then warm the other half of the shawarma marinade and toss with the chicken until combined.
5. Stuff pitas with the chicken pieces. Serve with a drizzle of the Greek yogurt mixture and a generous sprinkle of chopped pickles. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Connect Facebook to write a review.
0 Total Reviews